Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Schedule?

Well, I was thinking of all the projects I have going right now and I think that I need to start a schedule of some sort. The main one that most people seem to suggest is the "30 Minute Schedule." All that is, is that you take and put in 30 minutes on a particular UFO (unfinished object) that you don't necessarily want to work on. Some people change the project every day to a different one. Others just leave it on one project until it's finished. The idea is that even if you just put 30 minutes in on something every day, they will eventually get finished. After that 30 minutes is up, you can either continue on that project, if it caught your attention again, or you can change it to what you really want to work on. With me? I'd better start scheduling 30 minutes for about 5 projects a day. Just kidding. However, I was thinking of mixing in around 3, possibly.

There's the butterfly stained glass quilt for my mother. I'd actually like to mail that in a little over a week. Right. As if that's ever going to happen! Who am I kidding? Thirty minutes on that critter is about all I can handle before I go insane. Once I get going on the handwork, maybe that would change. I don't know.

Then there's my step-son's quilt. That one takes almost 30 minutes to even set up to work on! Set up the machine for a different stitch type (free motion), thread it, make sure I have enough bobbins, etc. Then there's shoving that huge ol' critter through the machine. I never should have started it as a free motion project. *sigh* This really needs to be done for Christmas.

Then there's my husband's quilt. It still needs its binding finished and then the specialty quilting I promised. I wouldn't mind presenting that to him when he comes home for Christmas. Well, that is IF he gets home for Christmas. However, let's not go there right now.

My knitting is going fairly well and I normally just do that while I'm watching TV. I find it soothing and it's an easy project to turn off and on and I don't have to concentrate on it much. As a matter of fact, it's almost finished. Makes me wonder what I'll work on next. I actually have this absolutely wonderful yarn that I might work with next. *smile*

With that, I guess I'll set up a 30-45 minute schedule. Just to account for the time needed to set up the machine. Though if I just stuck with one until it was finished, then it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Butterfly or Study in Blue first? Hmm... I see a coin toss in my future. LOL

No comments: