Saturday, November 17, 2007

Going Insane

Oh, my gosh! I think I'm going to go nuts!! I made the mistake of going to Wal-Mart today. Mind you, we did need milk and bread. While we were going there, I decided to get different shampoo as I didn't like what I was using. However, after browsing the yarn for a little bit, I scooped up my youngest to put him in the cart. This was after about the third time he stopped in front of me and I hit him with it. *sigh* He started screaming bloody murder! Right then! Quick dash to the diapers, then the milk, grab the bread and forget the rest of the list. He has just been in some kind of mood this afternoon. I know it's because he's tired and he's reacting to Daddy being gone. He doesn't understand why he doesn't see Daddy anymore except in pictures. I've personally resigned myself to the fact that my darling husband is gone. However, I'm getting NO breaks from the kids anymore. I think I'm going to go insane soon.

I'm currently working on a shawl/chair afghan. It should be finished before too long. Not bad considering I started it about a month ago. I hardly worked on it for a week, otherwise it probably would be finished. The week I didn't work on it, I found I couldn't watch movies after the kids went to bed. That's when I normally worked on it. However, DH and I used to do that before he left. I was having a hard time settling back into our normal routine with him gone. I'm back into the routine now though and I'm just knitting up a storm.

I am considering making a table runner though. I'm washing up some fabric for it right now as a matter of fact. I guess I'll have to dust off the ol' sewing machine and cutting table. *smile* Might as well do something. I won't see DH for just over a month still. That's plenty of time to work on a bunch of stuff. I need to keep myself busy or I'll go nuts. Well, that is if the kids don't toss me in the nut pile first!

I still need to finish binding DH's quilt and add the special quilting to it. Then there's my step-son's quilt I want to give him for Christmas. It will be one of the last times we see him until Summer. I think it's the perfect time to give it to him. It's only about 1/3 of the way done being quilted. You know, it really should have been finished long before now. I might try and hand my middle son a quilt for Christmas as well. It's all put together, just needs quilted. Aww... The story of my life. So don't ask me why I want to make a table runner... Maybe it's because it's a quilt-as-you-go type of thing. You actually quilt it as you make it. Sounds like my kind of project right now.

Oh, well. Right now? I have no clue what I'm doing. I'm trying to figure out dinner and then I'll go from there. Possibly a movie with the kids and then shove them into bed. LOL Though I am tempted to try another outing. I know, I'm insane! Then again, I already knew I was going there. I'll feed them first and then I'll head out. Maybe it will be better then. Besides, I want to hit Best Buy. The kids love Best Buy. We even have a new one that just opened up near our home. It shouldn't take too long.

With that crazy thought, I'm going to go see what they're up to and then figure out when I'm going to make dinner.

No comments: