Friday, October 12, 2007

Cleaning...

Did you know that cleaning should be a 'dirty' word? LOL Like many crafters, my idea of 'fun' is NOT cleaning my house. Unfortunately, it was seriously starting to show. Throw in 3 small boys and a wonderful husband who helps, just doesn't do everything, and you can have a disastrous house within any 24 hour period. Remove a mom who doesn't like cleaning anyway but will when forced into it, and well... Our house isn't the cleanest in the universe. Today, it finally got to me.

I can officially say that the dishes are almost done... *grin* A few more wouldn't fit in the dishwasher but I'll put them in as soon as the load that's going right now is done. Well, that is if I can convince myself to unload it. *grin* I started a load of laundry. Too bad there's a clean basket of clothes sitting there ready to be put away, huh? I'll do that as soon as I can convince that the pile of boys' underwear on the top of each stack really is easy enough to get past to figure out who belongs to which stack. The bathroom is sort of clean. Okay... So I don't clean nitty gritty. I grew up in a house where everything had to be sparkling clean constantly. It was like living in one of those model homes. No dust, no dirt, no nothing. Pretty impressive when you live with a dirt road or fields all around you. LOL So that's my excuse for not cleaning too well... I grew up with it. To tell you the truth, that's all I really remember my mom ever doing. Cleaning and cooking. She still cleaned like a mad woman when I was the only one left home. I didn't think I was that dirty of a kid. However, it also sort of taught me bad habits... If I didn't do it long enough, it would drive my mom insane and she'd do it for me... *grin*

I have discovered that if I try and keep up with my cleaning, even using the FlyLady principles, I always seem to be CLEANING! I hate cleaning. I'd rather be quilting. Besides... If I vacuum over where I sew, I'd probably break the vacuum cleaner. You know, all that thread that somehow ends up on the floor instead of in a trash can? *grin* I think the real answer lies in getting rid of a bunch of stuff. I'm okay with that. As a matter of fact, with DH going into the Army soon, it's the perfect time to do it. Who wants to move all of our junk anyway? I know I don't! How handy is it that I'm not a sentimental person? There are a few things that are precious to me, but not a whole lot. Too bad DH is. It took me 4 YEARS to convince him to throw out at least half of his son's drawings. We had boxes of them in the garage. I'm all for keeping one or two, but boxes worth? I don't think so. I almost cheer when my kids break a toy... LOL It means I can throw it away. *grin*

So everyone had better beware of the trash can in our house now. I'm about to go nuts and start throwing everything away... (or give it away if it's still usable as the case may be)

No comments: