Wednesday, October 10, 2007

It's Official...

Well, DH came back from the recruiters yesterday and it's official. He has been accepted into the Army. We never thought it would take a full year to pull this off, but he finally did it! LOL He has an interview today for the job he would like to have while he's in there. However, he will pick something else if he has to. His recruiter thinks that he'll do just fine though. No bad words on the recruiter, okay? Turns out we know his family. LOL I really like his wife and kids. They're great people. However, I bet you he's even happy that this is finally all over and DH finally got accepted. It's been the craziest journey for a job I've ever been on and DH tried to be a police officer for 3 years. I thought that was pretty bad. LOL So we should hopefully know this afternoon if DH gets his 'dream' job or not. I sure hope so!

I found out that I'm okay with the decision for DH to leave. However, I can handle it better when he's not here than when he's actually at home. Isn't that crazy?! I kept breaking down and weeping on him last night. I'm fine right now though a little sad. My house will either become sparkling clean after he leaves or an absolute disaster. It's hovering midway between the 2 right now. Not really clean and not really terrible yet. LOL Considering I'll be breaking apart a household of 5 people to pack up, I sure hope I lean towards "clean and productive" than "dirty and shut down." *grin*

With that tidbit of news, it sure changes my quilting world. My brother's quilt is going to be stashed away again and I have to be sure to finish up my hubby's quilt before he leaves. I know he can't take it with him, obviously, but he can curl up under it in the evenings before he leaves. I think I can get it almost completely finished in about 2-3 days. That's if I really push it though. *smile*

I was going to finish up my DSS's quilt, however, I don't want to present it to him as his father leaves. That might leave terrible memories associated with that quilt forever. So I'm going to finish it up for his Christmas present. I'll just have to remember not to procrastinate on it until the very last minute. Christmas around here might be rather... clean and sparse. Depending on when DH ships, by the end of December, we'll be pretty much packed up to go join him. We'll just have to wait and see, won't we? *smile*

Yeah. I'm looking forward to this opportunity and I'm also scared to little pieces by it. I sure hope that everything turns out okay in the end! I'll just have to keep remembering to pray to the good Lord for strength and peace. Goodness knows I'll be in short supply of those over the next 3 months. I can do this though and I will come out the other side a much stronger person.

No comments: