Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Lord give me strength

That may seem to be a strange way to start off a blog, but it's the truth. My husband has been trying to get into the Army since ... Not sure really. It's been a long time. Ever since they announced their intentions to accept anyone up to the age of 42, he's been trying. Anyway, it has been an interesting "ride." Today he passed his final physical. They had a few issues with an undocumented shoulder dislocation that happened when he was 16. LOL He had to go in for some major x-rays yesterday and have them looked at. He went in today to have a doctor put him through some minor exercises to prove that he didn't have any problems with his shoulders or his wrist. He has a plate and 4 screws in his wrist because it was broken so many times when he was younger. LOL He wrestled, played football and baseball, and was in a major car accident. I think the plate and screws came with the car accident. He passed it... His recruiter thinks that they can have him signed up and his job chosen by next weekend.

Like I said... Dear Lord give me strength! We have 3 boys... I love my husband dearly and I'm going to "lose" him for at least 2 months before we can move to be closer to him. Wherever that may be. Even then he'll have to live on base for about another 19+ weeks and only leave on weekends. This is going to be HARD!!

However, I know that if the good Lord doesn't believe that I personally can handle it, then it won't go through. We will know this week... Unless someone is on vacation. LOL That has happened to us a lot these past few months.

I talked to my husband briefly about all of this today. When I asked him if he was still excited about the idea, you should have seen him light up. I haven't seen him this excited about something in years! For his sake, I hope it goes through. I want him to be happy with what he does. I will 'endure' just about anything for his sake. He's a wonderful husband and father. I couldn't ask for a better man. That's what is going to make this so hard... I love him dearly and will miss him very much.

I see a lot of crafting in my future just so I can survive this. Maybe it's a good idea I decided to start that little 'business' on Etsy. I can maybe 'worry' about that instead. Naw... I can worry about more than one thing at a time. LOL

I have built up a great group of friends who believe as I do. Christian homeschoolers. That's a great group to belong to. *smile* One of them is even an Army wife. How wonderful is that?! She'll understand what I'm going through. For all I know, that's the reason why there have been so many delays in him being accepted. God was waiting until I'd built up a good base of friends. I have a good friend now that I can turn to for just about everything. I didn't have her even a few months ago. She's been a blessing in waiting. *smile*

So with that, I'm going to meander off now. I have a lot getting ready to happen this evening and need to get around here.

No comments: