Sunday, February 04, 2007

Hand Piecing for Now

Well, it had to happen some time. On the quilting forum on About.com, there is actually a pretty large hand piecing following. It's important to keep this form of quilting alive, don't you know. Anyway, one of the members, RabidQuilter, has decided to do a block of the month (BOM). This month's selection is called "Brilliant Cut." Looks hard as all get out, and I'd never want to tackle it by machine. By hand, it's very doable and relatively easy. You do it in 3 sections. I have managed to complete the first 2 sections and I'm happily working on the third. I will admit that I had a humdinger of a time putting the first 2 sections together. I'm just thinking that it was the mood I was in. Not necessarily difficult, per se.


So, there you have it! Very lovely, though my color choices are relatively subtle. Not sure why I do that from time to time. This block could definitely handle more pizzaz than I've given it. I'm thinking of putting it on a pillow top for my mother when I'm done. Then maybe I can keep her from eyeing my other tan and gold quilt. It's not even quilted yet and she's drooling all over it. LOL However, it would look terrific in my living room, so I doubt I'm going to give it up. The quilt, not this block. *smile*

Anyway! If I'm going to see this finished any time soon, I'll have to get going on that third ring.

No comments: