Saturday, January 27, 2007

From one quilt to another

Well, I'm SO terrible at staying on task with a quilt. Then again, when you're looking at a rather large twin sized quilt, sometimes it's good to take a break from it. That's my brother's Irish Plaid quilt that I decided on the spur of the moment to take a break from. Though I might "play" with it a little this evening because I'm down to only a single strip needed on several patterns. It's an easy trim and add. Then, I can "toss" them into the finished pile and grab another stack of unfinished blocks. Oh whee! LOL

I was working on a monster quilt for my middle son. Unfortunately, I decided that he'd probably be in college before I ever finished all the applique that's involved. *grin* So, in browsing through some of my Quilts with Style magazines, I saw a great quilt for some dragonflies. Nothing really fancy like they normally carry. Just something really simple and fun. The finished size is perfect for a toddler. So, I pulled all of the fabric out for that last night and did one of the 3 dragonflies today. I messed up on the body/background contrast. However, I sort of like how it looks. I will probably keep it that way.

Now that I'm wide awake in the middle of the night, what do I want to work on? *grin* As if I had no decisions. Silly me wants to go cut out another new quilt. And I wonder why I have so many UFOs lying around here. LOL I need to control myself. Perhaps work on my brother's quilt and finish that single strip that needs done. Then possibly cut out the other 2 dragonflies. Then I suppose I could go from there. I'm sure all of that will take awhile. Not only that, but I will feel productive and didn't start anything new quite yet. *grin* I'll start the new quilt tomorrow! LOL

No comments: